Saturday, January 22

HELLO,FRIES FOR YOU?

Haha as you may know,I'm currently working at



Basically,its a new shop opened by some of the church people and sells nothing but FRIES with specialty dips.mmm..yum yum for those buying it but not for those working there,trust me(I got sick of it on my 2nd day).

Actually,the sauces are not bad la.You should totally check out the website.The poutine and cheddar supreme are wicked awesome man and you know what?It's totally worth the money,$4.20 cause spuddies dont cheat on the quantity.Say what?You want fries,the box is filled with it.You want cheese,you'll get cheese-ed to death.All the more you should come down and try right!Lol I know,trying to promote my work here...bear with it,bear with it my dear readers(:

Anyway,wont be working for long though.Will stop at the end of this month and dont worry,its not because of the fries.Though this is like my first ever job in my life,there are few reasons why I chose to quit:

1.Very very very tiring job.I know,I know...the adults will probably say smth like 'aiyah,youngsters nowadays ...not like us last time,we have to do this do that..blah blah' and they go on saying stuff like strawberry generation.wth,i dislike being labelled.Try standing for 12 hours or at least 6 everyday

2.My mum is pushing me to look for other jobs like admin or whatever.Apparently,I think that she thinks that selling fries dont help me gain much experience and exposure(which is not true btw).Come to think of it,I sorta start to agree with her..maybe I should expose myself to more jobs...the concept of '1 job 1 month'.So by the time uni starts in august,I would have worked 8 different jobs 

3.I have never thought much about my job salary until my mum mentioned it.Never really cared about how much a job pays...

Mum: Hey,how much does your food for lunch cost?
Me: Around $5,why?(wth is she asking me this)
Mum: You do know right,you just ate up an hour of pay.
Me: *shrugs* but deep down inside...WAHT?!after all that standing and shouting??!

Hahs anyway,I do gain an insight into the working life from this job.Like getting to cut the potatoes manually into fries which in the end uncle edward had to do it cause I was too 'weak',getting to be a cashier when there are times I forget to return the customers' change or stone halfway cause my mental calculation suck,also my face turning red when giving out spuddies card to people at lot 1 entrance cause it was my first time doing it.LOL!but seriously,I think that I have rlly learnt quite a fair bit from this job experience and am greatful for that((:

Going to find an admin job next but meanwhile,a few more days left till the end of Jan so I will do my best to increase sales.Bonus given if I hit the boss's target!






Mmmm,cheddar supreme!

No comments: